The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oh ... and this sweet little thing.  A guy who I have flown a bit with called this morning.  He is working on his commercial certificate ... a surgeon in real life, I like that stretching towards proficiency is his flight training goal.  He's looking to point a friend towards a last flight for her aging mother ... right up my alley ... I like old people ... I'm confident that I can give her a sweet landing.  That wasn't my favorite part though ... what I like was the laugh the conversation delivered.  He said he especially liked flying with me because I am so precise about everything and so laid back at the same time.  Yep ... that's me. I carefully pack all my eggs in to the basket then I swing the basket around daring the eggs to break ... I'm willing to do poached (my favorite), scrambled, sunny side up, or omelets ... fritattas are a house specialty ... cracked eggs are no big deal!



His accurate assessment of my personality made me laugh. I appreciated the compliment, but I just laughed and said, "You're just used to training with those hotshots who are still all jacked up on testosterone ... they're stuck in watch this here shit mode (which is too much fun when someone else is paying for it ... !)."  He's airplane shopping ... then he'll be CFI shopping. 

No comments: