The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, April 30, 2012

"Have the courage to act instead of react." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.


This morning I am trying to run down a quote I particularly like from the book HOUSE (Kidder) which I am currently reading.  Kinda aggravating ... one expects to type the quote in to the search box and get immediate results ... ummm, not so much this morning. The art of civilization is the act of drawing lines.  Something like that.  Well, first of all ... House ... excellent book and I am enjoying reading it.  Next. Oliver Wendell Holmes ... has lots of interesting stuff to say.  Both Jr. and Sr.  and that is neat.


I don't feel as fabulous today as I usually feel.  I have a headache ... and I feel sick at my stomach ... and I feel aggravated about stuff that usually doesn't bother me very much, if at all.  I have the living room almost empty and ready to start getting ready to be painted.  I am leaning towards a darker grey for the wall.  We have never had dark paint on the wall before.  It's a different sensibility and ... I am afraid it will make the room seem smaller ... but I'm interested in trying it out.  I do like the warmth of darker rooms and all the fabrics in that room are very light colors.  I'm starting to see why old people don't change their stuff around.  I'm also planning to paint a large ... probably 4'X4' skyscape ... am I making a word up?  I notice the auto correct lights up on that word.  I'm going to paint a picture of the sky.  I think it will be perfect on a dark wall.  I haven't chosen an inspiration piece yet, but I am looking for the one.  I like to paint sky.  And, I have another large painting in mind ... some thing like this.  I was trying to get one of my kids to paint something for their place on a 4x8 piece of sheetrock ... and stand it up against a wall rather then hang it.  Now I see how potentially fragile that could be.  A picture like this would look right that large and could even be behind a chest like this ... I think, we'd have to see it.  Seems like it would work in my oldest kid's loft.


Kind of an earth and sky type thing ... this painting is too big for the chest under it ... I think, but might have been interesting in front of a bigger painting ... like an oversized fabric headboard ... or maybe totally not.  

No comments: