The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, April 16, 2012

Too much weather in the area to walk today ... too much Monday casually dropped about the house for me to even consider getting out ... Mondays are supposed to be house cleaning, uh ... clearing rather, days.  I've goofed off a bit ...

Sammy made me laugh early this morning when coffee grounds and watermelon rinds made their way outside to the compost bin.  It's right along side his dog food bin and any activity in that area always draws him tail wagging over.  Uh oh ... he smells bacon drippings wafting from the bowl full of organics ... poor baby.  I make it worse by sometimes pouring warm bacon drippings, yeah, fat, over his kibbles.  His big eyes are soft topaz ... accusing?  Pleading.  I poured the fat over the watermelon rinds this morning.  I don't think so boy I say.  I don't want him eating bacon fat ... but I know he loves it like I do coffee flavored ice-cream (yes even first thing in the morning the temptation calls to me).  I pick a rind from the pile thinking to let him smell it ... expecting him to sniff in disdain.  Instead he's like ... heck yeah! really?!?!  I called the girls to the window to see him.  Big white fluffy southern dog lounging in the grass with his watermelon.  Too funny.  I think he really ate too ... don't see it in the yard.

Someone very graciously suggested House ... another of Tracy Kidder's books ... and I'm on it like Sammy after that bacon infused watermelon rind!   We own an excess of books ... I am trying to be a good patron of the local library.  I hop in the jeep and drive over there, but ... they don't have a copy ... I ask them to borrow it for me from one of their library buddies ... bet they have it at the university.  Anyway ... it's in the system. I start looking at what else is available.  Came away with My Detachment (Kidder) and three books on CD. Into Thin Air (Krakauer), The Flyers (Adams), and Jarhead (Swofford, who wrote Black Hawk Down).  Books on CD ... for free ... sorta free, I paid a $13.50 fine for previous transgressions ... Anam Cara no doubt ... and ended up needing to own a copy of that to write in.  I know the kids will want that later.

Still trying to get used to my turquoise toenails ... !

Ah ... that's great ... here comes the rain.   I better get super busy ... oh ...  awesome ...  my buddy girl dinging my phone.  "D ... what are you doing?" she asks ... "Just sitting here with my feet up on the coffee table ... thinking about what I should be doing ... no ... never too busy for you."

No comments: