The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, April 2, 2012

Today ... painting the walls in the den ... have been sandy beige, going to light grey.  I want to have this completed by the end of the week.  It continues to be very humid here ... difficult to get those doors done when I want to take them entirely off and do the refinishing on the back porch.  It's completely covered, but it takes them forever to dry ... April showers have got me thinking to lean towards inside projects (and ... the doors are almost complete ... five more).  Long walks going well ... it's difficult for me to take the time to do that, but ... I think it's important.  Last night I was dreaming about sailing and at the same time I was streaming words to describe the experience ... I like to see the movement on a sail, even in a dream it's good.

Here's a little project that will be a perfect way to use up the left over paint colors ... I don't have this variety of colors, but I do have a few very small Martha Stewart samples in the garage and tubes of acrylic that I paint with ... I can mix up some colors ... this just looks like fun and perfect for the back door.

I'm pricing the materials I will need for the made from windows house.  L says I'll need to use 8x8s on the four corners ... 35 bucks each ... then I think he said 4x4 between each set of windows ... it's going to add up!  The size of the sheets of roofing will set the footprint of the little structure.  They come in 18' long sections ... thinking about using both clear and metal ... may want some light from overhead.  Those pieces will finish at two feet wide after they are overlapped for installation.  I didn't pay much attention to the price, but they weren't too bad.  I think I can complete the thing for around 250 - 300 bucks (plus landscaping ... )  I', trying to decide if it's worth it.  L doesn't think it is.  Well ... he is trying to be open minded about it, but for one thing he doesn't have time to help and that makes him a little edgy ... haha ... he knows I might just eyeball the planting of the support poles ... the thing may not be exactly square!  I don't know  ... I may not take it on.  Those three panels of fence plus some trees and roses are more of a priority.  I think I'll draw it out and price everything and make a decision when I have all the specifics ... .

No comments: