The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, April 5, 2012



Looking at these early this morning ... moving books and then bookshelves ... maybe one more then wait for some muscle!  Overcast, threatening rain curtailed "the" walk ... maybe all the back and forth between rooms with an arm load of books will add up ... 10,000 steps a day is an effort. not stepwise or body wise, but time wise!

Reading Falling Upward (Rohr) at night, and I'd like to get some notes on it posted here ... I like the book ... worth the time, but some of it is written as though I have a better understanding of a Catholic Priest/Chaplin/Confessor perspective.  In some places it's as though I have come in to the room in mid conversation.  The basic thesis stmt as I read it thus far ... life has two distinct "times" ... one is a building of your Who and What ... he calls this your container which I think is really neat ... the container of choices your soul has made/designed and therefore your offering ... what you may offer back in sacrifice I would say.  I become "this" and "this" I may offer back.  He says some of us get stuck in the building of the container ... we define ourselves as what we do or what we have ... or may be able to get.  He calls this an "adolescence" And observes that it is easy to stay there.  Reading about the life of Jefferson and his buds during this time as well, and it's fairly easy to see that we are lacking in "elder" type leadership but drowning in "adolescent" direction.  You can see it in politics ... in the recent articles I've looked at on human trafficking ... well, pretty much everywhere one looks, including in the mirror.   I will probably outline the book here once I get through it on a first read.  Looks like a very straight forward observation so far.

I do sorta wish I could download "content" like I do an app.  I would be seriously well read!

No comments: