The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Here is that Ginkgo Pot I was talking about the other day ... it is at the leather stage in the drying process ... I like it.  It's going to be a nice little pot ... looks like.  I work at this stuff I do ... I like the opportunity to learn and I like learning about spiritual things from physical things.

Ginkgo Biloba is used in pharmaceuticals to treat inflammatory diseases.  It is an ancient tree ... well ... here:

Ginkgo Biloba is originally from Asia, derived from the maidenhair tree. This species of tree is known as the 'living fossil tree' as it has no living relatives, and originated from the prehistoric age. 

Seven million years ago the Ginkgo tree had disappeared off fossil records, and it was thought that it had become extinct. A German scientist called Engelbert Kaempfer re-discovered the tree in 1691 in Japan, where it was studied for its healing properties. 


I like it for it's beauty ... the leaves are unique and move so gracefully on the tree.


This pot really was a mess when I picked it up last week.  I had handled it incorrectly ... it was misshapen, cloddish.  Pressing the leaves in to the wet clay was intended as an experiment only.  Our teacher keeps a big bucket handy and encourages us to use as much clay as we will while we are learning technique.  I throw my pots and save them for critique ... as long as they have not been fire, they can be recycled and the material is as new ... ready for a chance at something useful and possibly beautiful.  It will be interesting to see how this one comes along.

No comments: