The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, January 8, 2012

58/1000

Saw first cardinal of 2012 today

And we bumped in to an old friends at the grocery store ... She told me that yellow finches prefer from those tubular feeders. I didn't know that birds were so discriminating. Nice chat ... lotsa birds info.

I know her because I know him. He is a commercial pilot. We have been friends for years. He lost his first wife to cancer and re-married this little dynamo probably ten years ago. I was so happy when they found each other.

I heard him laughing two aisles over as I picked up paper towel. Found them standing near the orange juice visiting with my husband. Guess we stood there for half an hour while I listened to her with one ear and the guys with the other. It's always like that with them. She is an excellent talker ... Whenever we spend time with them there are always two or three conversations going on simultaneously. They have two little dogs that lavish attention on my husband when we are in their home. It's so funny to me to see those little fluff balls all over my no nonsense husband.

I told her that the area we are looking at to re-locate is very near a national bird sanctuary ... and also in the path of the monarch migration. I am certain that they will be our guests once we get situated.

58 ... Birds and friends.

No comments: