The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, January 9, 2012

Remington ... At the Amon Carter Museum in Ft. Worth, Texas

Ridden Down. One of my favorites. They very kindly gave me permission to take these photos ... I was surprised, but happy because many memories hang with these pictures. Cool how portable memories are. I like this particular piece for many reasons ... Nobody paints like this for one, you can almost taste the dust in Remington's work. The colors he chose to use consistently deliver a light I like to see. In this picture I can see the man and the horse ... both have put up a good fight for what or who they believe in. See the bow on the ground... no more arrows. The pony, with feathers still blowing in his tail, is frothy. I like that they are together. I like their posture. He is looking up towards where comes next. I like the dignity expressed in these brush strokes.
Detail of A Dash for Timber, another favorite.

And next door at the Kimbell where I used to enjoy coffee almost everyday. One of my favorite places.

No comments: