The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This house, the one we are getting ready to sell, was built in the 1950s. I specifically wanted an older home when we bought this one because I thought it would be better constructed, built by craftsmen working with better materials ... Back in the day when wood was made from wood. We've been very satisfied with the house ... and the yard ... and the neighborhood.

Today I am sanding woodwork. It might be true that all the trim molding and all the doors and all the bead board, everything that is currently finished with high gloss white enamel paint may not need to be re-painted. Well, for sure everything doesn't. But some areas do and sanding is the first step to that. I've been sanding this morning. Ugh. Not my favorite handy task. I had the idea to start praying for a really good house over there. My husband says he doesn't want to "build". That's probably a wise choice. I think all this tedious work on top of that disappointment about instructing is a good time for me to get "super cranky". I think I need to start thinking about some little "rewards ... gold stars" to help move me through the next few months. I'm thinking we all make little stops along the way in life and if I'm smart I'll plan a small smile for those places. This week I am going to do all the sanding prep for the downstairs portion of our home. And putty work, which there is not a lot of. Hmmmm ... and then I'm going look forward to a hair trim. I always love getting my hair washed and dried by someone else. Great idea! I'll make the appointment right now.

Next comes the paint. Next treat will be the weekend in Atlanta. My husband has some business over there and I'm invited to go along. I know I will go to the museum and also IKEA. I will like browsing around.

I need to reprint the house one room at a time. There is a bit of sheetrock work to do also. I'll probably do the living room, dining room, and master bedroom as a set ... Sheet rock touch ups, sanding, paint. I really don't like to paint the ceilings ... messy! That should earn some really great treat ... like a spa day.

We want to have the house on the market by April. That is doable.

No comments: