The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

~ found photo ~ James Neeley 2010

Wow...call from one of those "not my students" ... needs the phone number of the guy who doesn't know he was slid up under "my instructing job" at half the pay. Ummm, sorry, I don't know his number. I would pass it along if I did but ... I offer a couple of ways to run him down. I hang up shaking my head. Sorta smarts ... Tiny bit.

Sanding 60 year old door frames has turned in to a working acquaintance with paintable wood putty. White ... Friendlier. I go back to it.

Norah Jones stops singing while we go to text mode.

Great news! One of my guys ... the guy next door teaching another group of ground students ... my best prank ... a friend ... has just made Captain at the regionals. I will have to change how I address him ... might even update the words before his name on my phone's contact list. I am delighted. I like when those guys upgrade. Another step in the right direction ... May his feet be planted firmly on that rung Lord. Bless them and keep them safe. We chat/text back and forth for awhile. I send him a picture of my feet up on the glass at ATL.

I keep painting while the phone pings with the joy of this accomplishment.

Husband home for lunch, and I think to finish this frame while he re-heats chicken sauced spaghetti. The doors and their frames are looking beautiful. I am so proud of them. He admires the work while I tell him about these calls. "So now you are in a tail spin?" he asks because he can't tell by looking at me, he is unable to read me ... aspergers stuff.

"No" I assure him, "I'm fine." What is a tail spin? I will have to look that up. I told him a silly secret a long time ago ... I told him that I thought it would be just great if humans had tails. And I do. Just think how much fun it would be to wag a tail ... Or watch for tail wagging. The tales a tail would tell. I begin to laugh as I imagine myself in a tail spin right here in the hall. He has already walked back to the kitchen though ... He doesn't hear me laughing and really has no idea how silly I can be.

I really really really want to put the freshly painted plate back on the switch box that bumps the closet light on and off. It is fixed now (and so is the front door bell!) but with out the door in place to close the circuit on the line to the closet light ... the light would stay on (if the bulb was in place). It works like a refrigerator light. While I was in Atlanta I picked up a new pendant fixture for the closet ... I am impatient to install it. I am challenging myself to "get that door back on today" ... waiting for paint to dry. It looks excellent. I love making things with my hands. I should go run those errands while the paint dries ... instead I am sitting here congratulating myself and wagging my imaginary tail.

I'm noting this because I think I have noticed that when a bunch of potentially bothersome things start zinging in ... you may be near the end of the yucky part. The good stuff is trying to work its way in. Yeah, I believe that. I'm so glad for my buddy ... that's not about me. I hope the other guy fares well instructing in that gig. I'm enjoying thinking about ceiling paint and fabric for that wingback. Yep ... Sammy can see my tail starting to wag ... that's gotta be what he's laughing about.

btw tail spin ... The rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep, spiral spin.
Informal. A loss of emotional control sometimes resulting in emotional collapse. Okay ... Nope not in a tailspin. I will never be in a tailspin.

No comments: