The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Super High Gloss White ...





Once I began refinishing the doors I realized that all the hgwhite surfaces in the house are asking for a fresh coat. Fortunately, not everywhere will have to be prepped to the extent that the doors require! The hardware looks super good ... well worth the extra effort. So ... Today I'm freshing doors ... will be lucky to complete one door in fact. Tomorrow we are going to Atlanta, and while husband does business things, I will laz about. The only "real" thing on my list is shop for fabric.. I am looking for the fabric for a wingback chair that is waiting for a new dress, and four dining room side chairs (seats only). I want an 8" cabana stripe for the wingback ... Like this photo:
I need the white stripe to be neutral ... We'll see. My other, back burner project was inspired by this coffee table:
For the base, I'm thinking about an inexpensive coffee table from IKEA ... They have one. It may be too high once a +/=four inch layer of foam is attached to the top. I have to see it. Plus ... I like putzing around IKEA. Another base option is to have a frame welded by a local craftsman and use plywood as a foundation for the upholstered top. Here is another possibility ... purchased legs (I've seen them at Lowes), this "table/ottoman" is covered in a floral patterned bright rug. The trend is a splash of exuberance amid a neutral background. I can do neutral!
Once this fabric is selected, I can choose an accent paint color for the dining room wall. Bunches to think about and do.

No comments: