The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


. Dare to craft for yourself a life built around a consuming passion.

Good words ... Good challenge ... good dare.

I woke up on New Year's Day remembering two dreams. Good dreams. One ... My dad was sitting in a lawn chair in a group and he leaned his head back to see around the person who was sitting next to him as I approached and said, "There's my little sunshine." I knew I was dreaming, sometimes you just know this is a dream.It was a nice dream. Like a gift. The group was sitting near a shoreline ... They were enjoying themselves socializing. My husband asked me what my Dad looked like and ... He just looked like my dad ... Happy, amused.

The other dream ... May have been just a memory. I was at my grandparent's home and I was a young girl, maybe five years old. One of my uncles was sitting on the back patio, barefoot, with his legs crossed. He was reading a book. The pine trees smelled so nice ...it was a perfect day. "Whatcha got in your mouth Deedlebug? I was chewing a huge wad of sugary gum and when he asked I took it out of my mouth and stuck it all syrupy yucky right on the bottom of his foot between his toes ... I took off running with my laughter spilling out behind me. Exactly like something I would do on a dare.


No one ever dares me to do anything fun anymore. Now I have to dare myself ... and really, it isn't much fun.

I am thinking about a worthy consuming passion. Trying to think of what the next few years want to look like. Maybe something big or maybe some little things. Something engaging.

For the next few months I will be working around the house. There are a few time consuming this and thats to do. Then I'd like a challenge. I'm up for it.

4 comments:

Dean said...

Awesome quote on dreams! You always find the best quotes!

DeAnn said...

Hi Dean ... I should have cited that. John O'Donohue from Amanda Cara. The book is in my top 100 or so.
It's a good idea in theory ... Trying to see about the practical applicability! "Dares" featured prominently in my earlier years ... Lol.

DeAnn said...

Oops spell check got me ... Anam Cara

Dean said...

It reminds me of the saying, To expand your talent zone you have to get out of your comfort zone. I still try the dares because I'm experienced enough to know how positive they affect me and kind of an adrenaline junkie! Failure is just a state of mind right?