The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sandgrains.com

Human Retina
A Human retina is seen with the cones in the middle of the image, surrounded by capillaries and nerve cells, seen in black.


Man, I love the photography on this site. First saw his sand shots. It makes my heart beat happily faster to see the glory reflected in a spoonful of sand. Wow ... What are we walking around in? I remember being so very impressed with the epic abilities of a blade of grass back in the days when photosynthesis was a natural process rather then a social statement. Grass is beautiful ... no photos of it there though. I'm trying to decide which photo to share here ... they are all worth seeing. Tap title to jump to Dr. Greenberg's site.

The work of Dr, Gary Greenberg ... rocks.
Sea of Skin
A cross-section of skin cells looks like an ocean scape. The brown material is keratin, a molecule give skin much of its structural character.


I was seventeen the first time I passengered in an airplane. Southwest airlines flew out over the Gulf between Harlingen and Houston and while the Flight Attendents (called Stewardesses back then) dispensed cocktails and sweet dry roasted peanuts, I fell in love for the first time ever. Nothing looked like I thought it would from up there. Everything looked ... amazing.
I had always been a beach girl, loved the water, but the surface didn't look anything like the lines of waves approaching the shore which I had imagined. It seemed that the pattern of the water exactly mimicked the texture of my skin. Interlocking diamond and trapezoid shapes gently arcing, rising and falling to accommodate pulses and impulses unseen. My planet sheathed in a blue skin. That's what I thought back then. Now I realize the blue planet gets its blue veil from the atmosphere ... and I want to see that green and red anomaly. Lots to see.

The retina photo looks like light infusing darkness. Wow. Love that. Collectors of light. Light illuminating the native darkness of my mind. Let there be light kind of light. And more then that ... color discriminators. Subtleties left to individual interpretation ... allowing unique connections with what is perceived.

No comments: