The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, January 23, 2012

Random stuff I saw

Spent the bulk of the day right here in this chair ... reading and snapping pictures, but mostly just looking at what changed, and what stayed the same. I'm thinking about some of my own stuff ... I was surprised. I think I can do better. I have some things I need to let go of ... If they come back to me in the proper form, maybe I will be able to keep them. Somethings change while they stay the same.

One thing for sure ... I've said I would like to be able to see an airport from my deck ... I sure did enjoy this time. Simple. A pleasure. The rain gave me permission to sit still. I can see that I still "run" from somethings I would do better to resolve, at least in my own mind. It wasn't easy sitting in that big beautiful easy chair. It should have been.

The woman in the mirror ... Not the best picture, but a picture on a best day ... That's what I'm going to try to post here once a month ... a picture of me on a day I enjoyed. This one taken as I left the room at the end of this nice trip.
Late check out then downstairs to an early dinner ... Loved sipping that scotch and enjoying another view of the field. Eventually I was joined by a lady who turned out to be there while her husband was in same meetings as was mine. She needed someone to keep her company because her husband is very ill, and that is weighing heavy on her. I met him at a Christmas party, but she was across the room. We had visited for quite a while before we made the connection ... they don't live here locally, he serves on the board. I enjoyed the time with her.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Yes ... I wasn't smiling. The girls say I should choose only smiling "happy" pictures. I'm not going to do that though ... When my grand daughter to be reads this, I'd like for her to see the real "multi-faceted" me. Besides, it's too late for pretense. And ... My nails are so dark to hide the dark bronze spray paint that I've been using to re-finish hardware. That stuff should be bottled and sold as nail lacquer 'cause it's going to take a dremel to remove it! (And, I like that polish too)