The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Man, what a weird day ... Uh, or was it routine?

Wake up to ping of iPad ... It's a note from a friend. I smile. I will read it later with coffee. Encouraging words ... Yes, I need those ... I am feeling not great about things.

My husband and I are not in agreement on a huge issue ... He thinks it is time for one of my babies to leave home ... it is a classic cul-de-sac for parents ... families ... We go round and round. "Mom, was Dad serious?" he asks me this morning and I tell him this is his issue with his dad ... They must sort this out. At lunch I tell my husband that I do not support this nonsense ... this isn't how families work I tell him, but he seems ... to have made up his mind.

God, hello ... he is your kid ... Please help us figure this out ... And btw, I'm pissed at my husband ... that can't help!

Husband asks me to get pants from where ever they are to hung up and waiting in his closet today. I say I will get right on that ... Holy smoke he has a lot of pants. I press the crease in very carefully ... I listen to Adele sing and watch the birds on the feeder. I feel better. I don't know why ... it's something about those birds.

A man knocks at the door ... he would like to rake our yard. "Sorry" I say, "I don't need help." He has a scar on his face ... a knife wound ... I think he may be trying to see who is around ... He doesn't look like a man who rakes yards for a few bucks. He pulls his hoodie up and puts his Bluetooth back in his ear as he walks away. My dog is barking ... big dog on deck.

I look at the yard ... It does need racked. The birds are still on the feeder.

No comments: