The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

*The hand print of a baby dinosaur from the nesting site in South Africa. (Images courtesy University of the Witwatersrand)


*Astronomers using NASA’s Kepler mission have detected two Earth-sized planets orbiting a distant star. This discovery marks a milestone in the hunt for alien worlds, since it brings scientists one step closer to their ultimate goal of finding a twin Earth.

“The goal of Kepler is to find Earth-sized planets in the habitable zone. Proving the existence of Earth-sized exoplanets is a major step toward achieving that goal,” said Francois Fressin of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

*Fieldwork with the Sioux
Fletcher chronicled the trials and successes of her 1881 field trip in two journals accompanied by her drawings of the plains, reservations, and her many campsites throughout eastern Nebraska and southern South Dakota.

...At the saloon they took in travelers. We reached saloon by turning the corner - Men in slouched hats, dun colored coats, with pants tucked in the muddy boots sauntered out of the little one story building, their hands in their pockets, and curiosity in their faces, disguised by a very marked indifference.... I'm gonna love reading this!

Psalm 73: 25&26~> (25) Whom have I in heaven but thee?  and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. (26) My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

... And that's what I'm looking at this morning during my coffee time ... Bird feeder needs a refill (have that), L's laundry wants a pickup/delivery, yucky outside, but will paint and sand anyway (doors looking absolutely fabulous and I smile and think I did that though my hands feel yuck from the sandpaper), bit of shopping on tap (last bit of beans in coffee maker this morning means a few more mornings then so outta luck 'less I make it happen!), One asked for a pkg to be mailed ... Visited with H while I maneuvered these photos, out of good excuses to just sit around this morning! ...

OH! One other note ... CC made disparaging comments about team sports last night after their game. She was so jacked up she had to go jump on the trampoline just to dissipate the "go". She so reminds me of me. They fought valiantly, but gave up the win by one measly point! She blames herself for missing a shot that swirled out of the basket. I tried to help her see other opportunities to score that were foiled. She said if only the substitute coach had put me in during those last few seconds I could have throw from mid court ... . Wow. Lotsa pressure. We talked about the importance of teamwork ... and coaching ... and court conditions, and refs ... and we both thought poorly of player #14 ... foul mouth to go along with her elbows. We decided it is important to do right even when you see other people "getting away with it". I'm thinking about attitudes that show up on the court. I'm thinking specifically about myself. It's making me sweat a little ... .

No comments: