The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am reminded again this morning ... how fortunate I am. I am listening to Sade "Pearls" number five on my play list below. I am having a conversation with a new acquaintance about ...well, what are we talking about? The atrocities that hatred wrecks upon the world ... our broken world ... how hard it is to connect across cultures and maybe even over backyard fences (Did you know if a kid hops over my fence and enjoys my awesome tree house and falls out of it and breaks his arm that I will, not might, be sued ... by his health care provider if no one else ... backyard pools are for bravehearts).

So ... I get to sit here sipping delicious sweet light hot coffee, while leisurely contemplating my navel and blogging about it. I am trying to work on fun. I think it would be very nice to laugh more often. What a great life! No bombs will be dropped near here today ... it's raining, but my roof doesn't leak. One of my loves just walked in and asked me why I have the thermostat set so low ... no problem, just set it where ever is comfortable for you I say. Living large and taking it for granted ... .

On other fronts ... School is back in session. My kids were secretly happy to get back ... I could tell. I am happy for them. I will remove the Christmas tree and sweep up the glitter. It'll be a busy day of setting things right and then the trip to Texas. I am happy with everything right now, I like my housework. I like the sound of the washing machine swishing ... Yankee candles burning ... fun songs playing (Baby don't worry about a thing ... Bob Marley and his steel drums make me smile).

Oh ... and another fun thing. My amazing phone has notified me that the syllabus will most likely be delivered today. Things just keep on getting better and better. I am seriously superexcited about how all this flying stuff I get to do is going to workout. I feel like a big surprise present is on the way ... I feel buoyant with optimism. Today I am just going to enjoy how lovely the possibilities are. Last year I completed something that was hugely important to me. Yesterday the executive assistant called me to irritate me with something ridiculous ... it almost didn't bother me at all ... then it just make me laugh ... I was so happy not to have my chain yanked ... I was so happy not to be wearing that chain! Before long I will be working with a few students ... that is the thing that I have wanted to do for a while now. That's the fun I choose.

Life rocks.

No comments: