The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Okay ... I'm going to fuss a little here, so if you have enough of that in your own life ... skip ahead a few paragraphs! Maybe this will be fun (for me) ... yeah, that's the ticket ... it's an experiment on fun*.
*just a little note here ... I am going to bold print fun for a while just to make sure I'm thinking about it ... fun is at the top of my discretionary to do list (as opposed to the other two MUST DO and Really SHOULD DO).

I really wanted to spend several days in Atlanta aimlessly wandering (kinda ... I did already have a to do list in the developmental stages with items like ... sit at Starbucks sipping coffee and reading a real newspaper while time sharing with people watching ... and arrive at museum early (find out if lunch reservations are preferred) see Dali : The Late Work ... ) ... important goofy stuff like that. I had this trip out there as a consolation trip to the DC trip being torpedoed ... which is disappointing, but I get it ... I'm not even fussing about DC. All through the holiday magic that mommas whip up out of thin air, I promised myself selfishness (on these specific dates - on the calendar) ... high octane selfishness on which to re-fuel. Instead, I will be pumping gas at pit stops between here and there ... there being the trip in support of someone else's goals. Which is entirely my pleasure, just ... see, now I am running out of steam on this because I feel guilty giving full vent to my disappointment. I truly do want to be there for my son ... and this is when that be there needs to be there. I particularly like this son of mine (I particularly like all of them). He is the ultimate travel buddy. He will have interesting things pre-loaded on his iTunes, things that he knows I will be especially interested in. We both prefer to leave on this trip at night and we know we can trust each other's driving (well, Interstate driving ... he does some wildass street driving in my opinion), we both like coffee ... we both know he will pay for the upgrade and never ever complain about the extra effort in acquiring other then clown coffee. He will speed. He will not glance at the gauges while I am driving ... he will scan for "potential interruptions" to our progress.
Okay ... I feel better ... fussing was fun.

When I woke up this morning, one of my first thoughts was "What's on for fun today?" My mind rejected that nonsense before the fun neurons could fire. I defaulted immediately to the Really SHOULD DO list then forced myself back to identifying some fun. I decided to read a favorite blog in bed ... until my ten year old (who thinks it's fun to sleep in my bed while her daddy is away) wakes up and/or gets up. Pretty fun. So, I am reading the blog from my phone and I realize that this phone is all about some fun. Well, largely so. My husband started sending me pictures from the field ... he has never done that before ... I like it. In a couple of minutes I'm going to go back to checking items off my RSD list, and I am going to listen to some tunes ... that's fun. And later I'm going to work out with a couple of my daughters ... while listening to some work out tunes ... and that will be a lot of fun.

Writing here is fun ... turns out I am having a lot more fun then I fully appreciated.

No comments: