The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Car mischief temporarily on hold

Plan B on the trip to Atlanta. My son, One, is looking at a couple of Law Schools in Texas. Those would also be strong candidates for undergrad school for Four. Those trips overlap and we have decided that me headed west on I20 would be more helpful ... . It's all good. And I get to see my brother and sister-in-law in Texas. Atlanta will have to wait for another time.

So - 1 January 2011. I barely made it to the fireworks last night! After dinner (ham, greens, black eyed peas) we all put together a puzzle. I say we all ... the older three were out doing things with their friends ... so we had Five, Four, and friend of Four (they left us later to go two doors up where Friend's parents were celebrating ... teenagers graze ... I told CC yes, but definitely wake me up when she gets back home ... that wake up kiss was my first kiss of the New Year). Puzzle complete and husband excuses self for continuing research or eyelid inspection ... not sure which. Five and I began playing SIMS ... wow, what a cool game! Well,I say what a cool game ... what I actually really like about it is the ability to build a house from the lot up choosing from among seemingly unlimited building supplies and furnishings ... next gen dollhouse. I sometimes build my own creations, and sometimes copy floor plans from magazines. Too much fun. In the game, you create a person (from seemingly limitless physical possibilities) and "put" them in the house tending to their computer generated everyday needs and interacting with your own inputs ... I don't play that aspect of the game, but I think it's a great game and certainly worth a look if you're not familiar with the SIMS craze. She coached me through building a house ... to her annoyance I copied a beach house that is comprised of two three story towers with a patio between ... she surprised me with a helicopter pad on the lot and a beautiful helicopter which the Sims can fly ... whoohoo! She did all the landscaping and it was fun to watch her create what would be a paradise to me ... citrus and papaya trees near a little green house and flowers bordering a swimming pool with an infinity edge looking out toward the ocean. Five is looking out for her Sim Momma for sure.

It's very quiet in my house this late morning ... everyone is either already out for the morning or still in snooze mode (supported by a very late night and sweet soft rain this morning). Husband was rousted from his late night musings at 11:45 to make good on his promise to Five that they would make homemade potato chips with my mandolin and the newest addition to our kitchen ... a fry baby. I slipped out giving full rein to whatever havoc a fry baby might bring ... very crispy delicious potato chips were forth coming. Five was smiling really big when she presented a small tasting (as she likes to call them) Two bites later I conked out without sending a text to my other three children as I had planned. I'm remembering so old joke about can't wait for my 20th ... enjoying my 30th ... downhill from my 40th ... made it to my 50th ... hanging on for my 60th ... something like that. I made it to the ball drop last night, but not without thinking it's already midnight 2011 somewhere!

No comments: