The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Random thoughts

When he said enjoy your path in to the unknown, I immediately thought of the Challenger disaster. It might be nice to hear someone say I've got your back ... and they might really mean it, but that cliche, like all the others, is subject to interpretation. And, even if someone does have your back, and everyone is on board when it matters, what does that really mean?

I have spent too much time wading in, swimming towards, and finally floating in the deep waters, to be swept away. The truth is, God has my back ... every time ... every little invisible divisible snap of it. And I know that in a place where I won't forget it.

Why can all the truths told be swept away by one lie?
Why does a stack of gold weigh less then a sack of cold?

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

I've been thinking about what my friend H said when I told her that I didn't really like my church situation. It's a long story; suffice it to say, it is my church situation and the decision for that isn't mine to make. In reference to the quote posted below ... belong (belong is the shadow left by one's shelter) ... Do more then belong, participate. Isn't that really what the take away from last weeks sermon was about? One little bit was an encouragement to "fellowship" ... belong ... participate.
One of my children was naturally quite facetious about his toys ... awesome at sharing, but very careful about how they were put away at the end of playtime. Ninja Turtles in this basket ... Little Tykes in this basket ... Sesame Street figurines in this basket .... He found a lot of pleasure in putting his things where they belonged. I liked that about him (he's still that way and I still like it). I am comfortable with that way myself. That idea of belong has been in my research meanderings of late. One idea is that some of us need to belong. It seems to me to be about community. And as an important point here -> belong with not belong to.

Back to the "God has my back" idea + which "basket" I belong in + how comfortable am I really with resting/participating in the basket(s) that He put me in?

My son was happiest when all his toy pieces were out on the floor playing with each other and being shared among his little buddies ... the more the merrier. Mixing things up was part of the joy. The other part of the joy was in setting things back ... where he thought they belonged (in their little shelters).

No comments: