The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, January 17, 2011

I did look at the airport at Sedona and or does look pretty cool. I have never seen a compass rose painted on the asphalt ... Must be a bearing check point ... Pretty and interesting. I have never seen a tetrahedron either, and hadn't thought to google earth it til now... . The town of Sedona seems even more impressive - straddling the ridge lines.

My brother said something today that I want to remember. He said something like: maturity can take you to a place where you just feel feel bad for the people who want to ding you ... He was referring specifically to the mother of his children, his first wife. Even after all these years, she seems to have an agenda with him. I'm not really thinking about their stuff ... I'm thinking about forgiveness. I have always thought I was quick to forgive. Forgiving. Someone who does not nurse a grudge. But, I have come to see that is my exact problem with some of this recent stuff. Looking at some of ML Kings ideas these last couple is days I found the quote about light banishing darkness and love triumphant over hate ... No new ground there, but what I didn't see was the truth that I was letting hatred fester. I don't want to be that person. Everything worked out for me ... If harm was intended, I wasn't harmed. Malice and hatefullness would be where the harm would come from and it is possible for me to let those go.

No comments: