The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scratch the scenic route. Cafe du Monde will have to wait. We will head back on the most expeditious route possible. I have looked at the weather and it is not ideal for travel. Hopefully it will stay above freezing at the surface. I'll do better with sharing the driving (maybe) and will stop enroute if it seems advisable (definitely). We're looking at 16 hours plus for traffic and or weather delays. Time for sleeping. Last night I had a great dream. I dreamed that I was running ... Like jogging for fun. It was a really nice dream ... I was running in shallow water. I think the fan in this room made my skin think it was running. Tomorrow we will be driving in the rain. I'll have to make myself drive slower then I like to go. I am looking forward to cooking some delicious chicken soup when I get home. It will be nice to be in my own home ... Probably about 24 hours from now.

Sunday morning:




We departed at 4:00 in the pitch dark, windshield wipers on high. I wonder if the wiper motor is substantial enough to work continuously for the next sixteen, seventeen hours. I know I'm not! I drove the first leg while my travel buds slept. I was humming Enya tunes and scanning the dark wet sky for little county airport beacon lights. My tummy is already suggesting water will be preferred over coffee today. Hope the grey matter is down with that! Now it is what will most likely be daylight - I have several major weather reporting station plugged in to my aeroweather app. I want to compare barometric pressure along the route and look at the TAFs. There is a low skud layer dragging just above the tree line and I've seen several little tight flocks of birds headed due north. I'm glad to see that the birds think this is flying weather ... It is somehow reassuring. OAT has been steady at 44F all morning. Maybe we can stay ahead of the worst of this all the way home. I'm mostly concerned about traffic accidents due to the poor weather ( huge one detoured us in Houston ). I'm also thinking about conditions deteriorating late in the day as we head NE Towards Atlanta. We'll know more about that later in the day. This is my nap leg so I better get with the plan.

No comments: