The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today promises to be a great day.

When I awoke this morning I smiled as I remembered my flight today. A few days ago I was feeling kinda grouchy about having to spend the money for a rental check out ... today I am just grateful that I get to fly. That's better. I got the standardized procedures manual out for an early morning review, and I am looking forward to impressing myself ... or maybe not, but, that is what I'm looking forward to!

Also on the early morning getterdone list: What vitamins should I take ... woman age 50 and over. Over seems like a bit of a jab, but that is not only the title given to the PDF I printed off, but also where I am at. My daily vitamin is woefully inadequate in D3, B12, pantothenic acid, calcium, and magnesium. I'll look in to that ... plus, I didn't read the label until this morning, but this is a four tablet a day not a one tablet a day sort of vitamin ... oops.

I had lunch with a new acquaintance early this week. I met her at church ... our teenagers sit together. Several people have said we would really like each other ... that we have a similar perspective. I don't know about that ... her husband is an airline pilot ... that lead to the conclusion that we would automatically have a lot in common. I wasn't very sure of that. So, the sermon was on, among other things, the idea of fellowship (church word for hanging out together), and how important it is to build relationships within the church. I am not a huge fan of ladies groups at church. One leader will ask me to be the guest singer (which I don't like to do because it seems so spotlighted and I never prefer that), I'll do it because I feel guilty saying no, and then some helmet-haired lady will come up afterwards and say something intentionally unkind. I'm thinking group singing is more the thing. I was asked in a very sweet way not to make those kind of observations when asked to share my favorite picture of Jesus ... those who came before me liked Jesus holding the lamb with the children circled around, or the brown background Jesus with a halo, or this one or that one ... it felt like a game of name the renderings. I don't think Jesus was a blue-eyed blond guy. I made the mistake of saying that ... . I might have even said that Rembrandt's Portrait of a Young Jew seemed to me to be a more likely possibility. I didn't say it in a stuck up way, I was just taking my turn. The leader of that Bible Study indicated that I was a buzz kill ... so ... I do my bible studies at home mostly. And, I have a new book titled: a heart that dances. I am looking forward to working through it. The lady everyone said I would probably like ... I do like her ... except she likes to hug goodbye ... I don't like to hug after the first lunch.

uh oh phone pinging wardrobe emergency at the high school. Gotta go.

No comments: