The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 29, 2011

Baseline on "Love"

26 June 2011

I said I wanted to start thinking about love ... As I have been thinking about trust here over the past couple of years. So love. It never even occurred to me to try to define or quantify trust. Trust seems intuitive to me. But I don't see love that way at all I just want to make a couple of notes about how I think of love right now ... inside this very moment. Not all the words with all the connotations ... just my little perspective today. Now. I think it might turn out to be a totally different thing then how I think about it.

I think love is a choice which is supported by conscious actions ... loving actions. I love a handful of people. Those people are always given pass keys to the very front of the line of loving actions. I choose to love them because they are in my heart ... . They are my handful of people.

But I behave lovingly towards more then just my few ... That is what I like about smaller cities ... Life moves slow enough for people to behave lovingly.

No comments: