The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Taking another look at Chaucer meandered me to these quotes:

     
“Women desire six things: They want their husbands to be brave, wise, rich, generous, obedient to wife, and lively in bed” and
“She loved right from the first sight” and
“Love is blind.” all from Chaucer

These young men I work and sometimes have lunch with frequently have women on their minds ... How many times have I been asked, "What do women want?!" ... Being a woman qualifies me as an expert I guess ... And my shot from the hip reply has been honed to, "women want you to smell like her guy". Yes, that answer is the product of intense book study on the topic ... And it surely has some validity. The conversation about what women really want inevitably finds it's own path down hill from there ... Maybe some one will observe that the longer or luster is too much of a stinker to smell okay to any woman!

When I saw the first quote I immediate thought of how entertaining this could be next time this question arises. Most of those guys will probably hope that two or so out of the six may be odds they can work with ... It's a good list for mirth making ... Definitely goes in the flight bag. "She loved him from first sight ... and ... Love is blind" ... Kinda perfect together ... Pilots tend to get philosophical once the meal is over and it's almost time to head back.


Touch to copy and paste took me to these other quotes ... pretty sweet. I just put them here for my own pleasure.

     
“Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.”
~Oscar Wilde
     
“A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.”
~Woodrow Wyatt
     
“A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” ~Charles Dickens
     
“Love comes unseen; we only see it go” ~Austin Dobson

No comments: