The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 22, 2011

Something funny ... So I can laugh at myself again another day.
I've already said my alarm is seldom used, but when it might be necessary...well, it's crickets. Crickets seem very reliable, kinda Jiminy-esque ("A fine conscience I turned out to be!")... And of course the charming song about wishing upon a star (I have put a telescope on my wish list ... Love those NASA images).
Crickets. Chirping.
H is was in town today. We made a walking date for five thirty this morning. Then I heard my phone ping a text message in before the five fifteen alarm sounded ... She is awake and ready to go just anytime ... Okay. I can do earlier no prob. I'm out the door in basically five minutes. I don't have pockets, so I just tuck the phone under the band of my yoga pants. Man, it was a great morning ... Out as the sun rose. Frogs were croaking, birds were singing ... some really weird bird seemed to be following us ... it was the strangest thing. The chirping ... chirp,chirp, chirp, chirp ... . Yes, it seemed to have a very specific pattern ... and it was coming from right up there ... now over there ... what?! ... now there. "Could it be the electrical lines?" H wondered. Uhhh ... no, I didn't think so ... hmmmm. It seemed so perfectly timed ... and identical. Uh huh ... My alarm ... set for 5:15 just in case ... valiently trying to wake me up! H was like, "Uhhhhh, is that your phone ...?"
Yes, skippedee do dah I believe it is! So ... nice start on the day. And it was a great day. I spent some time in a bonanza today ... awesome fun. I painted my toenails red today ... pretty, and nice change, they have been deep purple for a week now. I rolled up my pants and washed a plane today ... I grossed my friend out by scratching bug crust off with my finger nail ... Eeewwww. I decided to put my name in the hat at the place I would really really like to work, if everything (or at least enough everythings) could just work out right ... worth a shot to shoot for what you want. I saw Captain America tonight ... rocked! ... Tomorrow, we are going to get up early and drive to a new piece of the trail ... everything is ready to go. The chigger bites are bearable. What will I learn about next ... something pleasant I hope. ... A new book came in for me today ... That Counterfeit God book ... I've still got two others opened so that will have to wait. And today is my oldest friend's birthday ...
Many things to be thankful for today.

No comments: