The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I kept on dusting my face and goggles off ... but over head sanding is tedious work ... I'm biting my lip here ... pretty much all day long ... thinking about that carribean mud wrap, this was sort of like that ... sorta sorta.  The ceiling came out well.  It looks good now.
The light colored paint on the walls is actually the ceiling paint.  I used it as a primer over places that had been "fixed" and ... some just goofing off to roll the paint out.  The chair rail is down along this wall, and I'm thinking about "pulling it away" all around the room.  It seems like it might make the painting of both the walls and the trim worth the extra effort of reattaching it.  Thinking about that.  The wood is old and probably dry ... I sure don't want to splinter any of it.  Some of the window casings didn't come out well when the windows were replaced, and were a real bite to love back up.  This isn't stock trim ... another foible of an older home ... on the bright side, it is actually beautiful wood and has been doing it's job for more years then I.
And here is the color "up".
I do like it quite well.  The gallon wasn't enough to complete the room ... still have all the detail work to do.  I am sure hoping that the computer aided paint mix will render this exact color.  I have a bit left ... and a bit more large painting to do as well.  It's going to take another quart.  I am ... truly exhausted!   My skin feels dry and ... yucky..  I really like the paint though, and I'm very proud of my work.  I was thinking about that today.  I would rather be flying, but I think I was proud of my flying work ... and being proud of how you spend your time is what really matters.
I have decided to spend some time getting acquainted with the CAP stuff.  I've known one of their pilot's pretty much forever ... flew safety pilot for him once way back before we had an ILS in here ... wow, back before we were using GPS approaches!  Another guy worked where I used to work.   He is no longer there.  Both nice guys.  Anyway, the point is I like the idea of taking kids up on their first few flights ... I like the idea of doing ground school type stuff ... they have a glider which I would love to fly ... the search and rescue stuff I'm not too sure about because I don't know what they do with that.  My understanding is that they put a radio guy and a spotter in the plane too.  I like to do my own radio work, but I could get used to some help with that I guess.  They can do whatever they want to from the back as far as I'm concerned.  These guys spent a lot of time monitoring the gulf oil spill last year.  That ... I could do that.

Well ... tomorrow ... little paint brushing.  And ... then the fun of putting it all back together.  I can't wait to see the art up on that dark background. May need to adjust my frames!

No comments: