The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sammy found this little guy who had fallen from his nest ... or maybe was just not strong enough to fly.  His momma bird "chirped" him in to the shelter of a bush as we watched from a distance.  I wish I could know his whole story ... will he make it ... how many more days does he need to develop ... will he be able to do a first flight from the ground?  I don't know how the process works.  We thought it was neat that the momma bird had a contingency plan.

before church
after church ... 
gun shopping ... I especially like this one ... American made, it fits my hand well ... good weight.  
I like guns ... don't know why,  just do.

Today I'm going to fly a bit ... paint a bit ... do bunches of laundry and freshen up the flowers on the table.     This week I'd like to finish the crown molding and paint my bedroom.  Also I want to get those striped chairs completed. And install the three new switches and five new duplex outlets.  That may be my primary to do list for the week ... re-hang the drapes after L puts the hardware back up for me.  
This is the last week of school for my two youngest.  I'm seeing lightning bugs ... fireflies ... baby lizards ... summer is here.

I had been thinking about trust ... and hope also and recently, this year, especially about love.  Love is one of those things whose actions are ... I want to say counter intuitive, but that's not exactly true ... well not at all true in some instances.  In others ... precisely true.  The dynamics of the exchange with the birds ... showed what might be instinctive love ... from the mother bird.  She didn't want to forfeit the baby and yet she "protected" herself.  It seemed like a very balanced thing ... she was very present to offer her help yet she steered clear of harms way for herself.  I am thinking about this not in the context of family relationships, but in a broader way.  I guess every relationship ... or exchange ... can be guided by love.  Tiny little exchanges supported by love can re-direct entire courses.  I have seen it happen and I know it's true.  Love as a compass.  Hmmm.  Compasses can be pretty squirrelly.  Their error proclivities are knowable though.  I wish it were possible to always act in a loving way.  Part of the problem of love for me is ... love commits me and I need to figure out how to manage my commitments ... sorta like that bird did.  All in, but mindful.

Well ... off to the day.

No comments: