The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 18, 2012

One more night left in pottery class ... it's been a lot of fun, and more difficult then it looks like it should be.  I like the challenge of it.  I like that there are so many different things to do with it.   Here I have used the slab roller to prepare the clay ... then I pressed these leaves in to it and in this picture I am cutting the  shape out.  After I finished doing that I formed them in to shallow bowls.  There is also a platter for this set.  I intend it  for serving tapas.  I also think I will make it possible to hang these on the wall.  I have high hopes for them turning out well.  We can "sign up" one semester at a time to use the studio and everything available in it.  I'm going to do that.  I enjoyed the ladies in this group.
I enjoy how easy it is to clean these Pella windows ... so much easier then our old windows ... there is a release on them with allows them to lay open as an oven door ... really ingenious.  I am so so soooo happy to have most of the dust out of the house ... dreading the sanding phase behind the washing machine, but ... the end of this is in sight.  Two sent a great idea for a very cool paint technique in there.   I said yes ... I love it, but it is too involved, I just want to roll one color of paint on and run!  I told her I would tape off and paint fancy patterns only in a grandchild's nursery ... by then we'll be worried about more then paint dribbles I bet!


Today I am just sorta goofing off.  I have two of these chairs ... seems like they wanted to be dressed up in fun paint.  Here I have sanded them and am in the process of cleaning the dust off with mineral spirits.   They are going to be black and almond white striped.  I just sprayed a bit of the white on here to get an idea of how they will look ... once the black is entirely dry I will tape  precise lines and cover the black while I spray on the white.  There is room for five 7.5"stripes.  I think the seat will be upholstered in black with a detachable black cushion.  I want to be able to toss the whole thing in to the washer.  If they look too goofy I'll just paint them completely black and go a different way with the fabric ... something fun.

That's pretty much it for the day ... usual housewifery and this ... movie night.  The Avenger's totally rocked last week.  I was so happy to see that movie.  I guess I really am a Marvel geek ... Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man ... dare I say it? ... Classic!

No comments: