The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

listing

Matt Rourke / AP ... found on Pinterest
I believe a second cup of coffee will be item number one at the top of my to do list this morning ... My husband left early for work.  I had planned to ask him to ewooch a huge armoire a few inches forward this morning, it's just too close for me to finish painting base board and securing chair rail along that wall.  I'm missing my little lists ... maybe I am feeling more like myself.  I need some fresh index cards!

Another of my kids has asked for a cookbook type thing of my recipes ... rather, their favorite recipes.  Thought of that again this morning as I stirred grits ... yeah, there are a few little tricks to even something as everyday as grits.  I asked for some opinions on just adding recipes here on a separate page, but, the consensus is that they wish for hand-written recipes which should be copied and bound for each of the five.  I guess I better put a little notebook in my pantry. I wonder how many different recipes it will wind up being.  I cook a lot of Tex-Mex ... there aren't really any recipes for that, it's a kind of a what have we got on hand sort of cuisine.  So ... cookbooks for my kids on the master list.

Remember I said I really wished I could cuss well?  Well, yesterday offered an excellent opportunity to cut loose a stream of virulent ... what are those bad words ... verbs and nouns?  I like them because of the intensity of feeling they convey ... not this garden variety stuff one hears so everywhere that you actually stop hearing it.  It was during that first nano second after I whacked my index finger with the hammer that I thought ... no, it's too late to come up with the appropriate layering of words.  As I watched the bloodblister boil up under my skin, the words Oh Phoo slid from my lips like  two forlorn tears ... Oh Phoo ... didn't make me feel one bit better.  I need some words that dart like thunder follows lightning ... storming words.  Oh Phoo is far too insipid.  Oh Phoo does not mitigate misery, nor does it announce shock and dismay ... .  I once heard my mom say "Hell's bells."  She drove with the gas pedal full forward and frequently missed her turns ... one of those times she swore ... Hell's bells ... and I laughed from the back seat.  Gosh, how old was I?  Just she and I were traveling and she missed the turn off at Victoria ... She always drove so fast, and not well ... I would lay down in the backseat hoping for the best, trying to make sure all my sins had been accounted for just in case a little face to face was imminent.  "What are you laughing about?" she asked turning around and looking over the seat ... yeah, no kidding (I know this is the sort of thing which induced a lifetime of run away car nightmares)... now I can see that she may have thought I was laughing at her mistake.  "Momma,  I've never heard of hell's bells before ... it's just so funny ... why would they ring them I wonder."  She laughed too.  Yeah, I must have been a very strange kid.  Anyway ... I have heard my granny cuss ... not when she thought I was listening.  Granny somehow really knew how to cuss. I'm not going to write about it, but I am sitting here laughing about that, and wondering how she kept my mom so prim and proper ... I asked Granny what some of those words meant ... she wasn't as convincing a liar.  Okay ... well ... "Get a string of F4 quality words together" ... on the list.  It's practically de rigueur for a novice with a hammer.

The meeting last night ... went okay.  I have decided to join.  It's not as clearly defined a situation as I like ... especially at the beginning when I am making my commitment, but ... it is all voluntary so I guess there is not a lot of time to put towards developing structure.  It seems a bit like a club.  Yeah ... that's exactly how it seemed ... well, that makes sense now.  I like to contribute but I don't like clubs.  Hmmm ... I haven't liked clubs since High School, where I did absolutely everything ... clubs they seem so clubbish ... so high school.  Hmmm ... I'm going to have to think about this.  I think I prefer to see myself as an outlier.  I think that is my comfort zone. 
The bottom line is they need pilots and I need to fly.  We also talked about offering an aerodynamics unit and a weather unit to local boy scout troops which I have been seriously considering doing on my own.  It would be better for the scouts if it could be suitably covered by this operational umbrella.  Also ... one of the guys has a warrior but he say's he would like some help on his shorts and softs ... he says he frequently hears the stall warning on take off.  I told him I' didn't want to get in a plane with someone who would kill me but if he will listen to me I can give him a few pointers.  One comes immediately to mind ... don't stall the freaking plane on take off.  


(List: A vessel's angle of lean or tilt to one side, in the direction called roll. Typically refers to a lean caused by flooding or improperly loaded or shifted cargo - as opposed to 'heeling') 


At the top of my list now ... get living room ready for bouquet of gardenias (Bursting on the bush) ... and that second cup of coffee in sip and do mode.



No comments: