The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yesterday, while working away in the dust bowl my living room has become, I heard Norah Jones singing with Ray Charles.  Well ... Norah Jones sounds good with anyone or alone ... Ray Charles, yeah, in my opinion he simply over-shadows any other artist I've ever heard him work with ... 'cept this time.  Here We Go Again ... just genius.  

Now, I'm "looking" at it on YouTube ... wow ... OutKast ... Q-Tip ... Dolly?!



Hmmmm ... wonder how much it's gonna cost to visit the iTunes store ... they have a book I think I need too ...

I am putting off getting started with painting ... just the base board left and wood putty finish after I secure everything back in.  I was laughing at myself yesterday evening, telling my husband that I admire how enthusiastic I am at the beginning of the day, full of high hopes for what will be accomplished ... seems like all my handy-girl stuff takes twice as long and also expands to include stuff I didn't see at the beginning of the project.  Like this ... We have wood floors through out the house.  I really like wood, so ... a couple of area rugs and that's it.  I use a small shop vac to take care of all our vacuuming needs.  That shop vac works like a blower too, you just flip a little something around and ... well yesterday as I vacuumed up the sheet rock mess with the hose the room filled up with the fine dust of sheet rock.  It's beautifully distributed through out the room.  I will be mopping in there all week.  It will be so nice to finish this job and get all the dust out of my house!  I am seriously procrastinating this morning ... all the painting is criss-cross apple sauce sitting on the (dusty) floor.  My old bones are already fussing about yesterday!

CAP thing tonight ... I don't like events that come with a room full of new people.  Hope this is worth the effort ... a bit afraid.  It's funny to see what drives a person back up to the plate when they keep on striking out.  When my son played, all his guys looked like they were just there to provide a tutorial on how to smack a ball ... they all rocked.  Every once in awhile some player would strike out ... not often ... someone would position their ball where the other team had a defensive opportunity that left the kid shaking his head.  They had walk up songs which were played over the home park intercom.  Some thing to jack their swagger ... lol.  Well ... maybe I need a song today.  I definitely need to make time to wash all the dust off and out of.  Better get with it ... I'll need this time at the end of the work day!

No comments: