The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's funny how tickled I am about these chairs ... they look exactly how I hoped they would.  I intend to upholster the seat in a solid black and I found a thin piece of foam at Hobby Lobby which I'll encase in the same fabric and use as a laundry-able  top cushion.  I bought fabric while we were there, but ... not "black" enough.  Too bad the GAP T-shirts are so highly prized by my closet, 'cause they are just right color wise ... .

Today I finished the sheet rock behind the washing machine.  Totally done ... it rocks.

Warrior guy called on Friday.  We have a plan to fly after lunch on Monday.  I am looking forward to being in the air.  I hope the pilot really does want to work on his airmanship, because I believe I can help him straighten out his take offs and landings.  He said he never leaves the 10 mile radius, and  ... well, a guy with an airplane should be able to go places.  As I think about this my hope is that we can get him to where he feels comfortable with some basic piloting skills.  What happened is ... someone took him out and let him inadvertently spin the thing ... cause that's a lot of fun if you know what you're doing ... and it damaged his confidence.  He told me he wants to work on keeping it coordinated ... well, an uncoordinated stall is a spin waiting to happen.  Yeah ... lotsa fun ... no so much so when you don't understand the dynamics ... or aerodynamics in this case.  That's what I think.  I truly hope he is the sort of person who can receive instruction.  We'll see ... .

Don'tcha love the chairs?!  Hot diggity ... .

No comments: