The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, May 29, 2012




Kitchen floor tile ... not a fan of ceramic floor tile.  Two pieces, make that three, near the doorways, have little cracks in them.  Little cracks become big cracks.  This piece is being fine tuned to fit as a replacement.  I have a new list working up for a run to Lowe's ... floor grout.  That's the other thing.   I really don't like grouted floors.  In the laundry closet under the machines, the floor is beautiful.  The pristine grout mocks my attempts to keep the rest of the flooring ship shape.  Husband suggests I "Dremel" out all the grout and start over.  I do not like the idea of that ... pretty much at all.





These are called "hero" accessories.
Hero not included in set ... .

We rented a house in the Keys which had what I think was the perfect flooring ... travertine tiles without grout seams in the "wet" rooms ... well worn heart pine in the others.  Sigh.


It feels so good to my feet.  And ... it is beautiful.  Wish list ... Anyway ... I don't think I am going to replace the grout in the kitchen and breakfast rooms.  I pretty much hate the very idea of it ... talk about abrasive dust, it's already aggravating me!  I am going to replace those three tiles, and maybe the one near the dishwasher where dropped silverware has chipped tiny flecks of glaze from the tile ... then I'm going to scour the lines with that vinegar and soda solution ... then I'm going to paint a sealant on before anyone else even breathes in the area.


Yesterday L helped me with this tile measuring thing ... and also with installing the remaining outlets in the living room.  New outlets ... very white ... really pretty.  I know outlets aren't usually considered pretty, but, these really are!  L said he had no idea how tedious that work is.  One thing I have learned in life is that it is impossible to truly appreciate the contributions made by ones partner in marriage.  To me, he goes to his office and does stuff.  If we talk during the day I can hear NPR playing in his background ... his voice sounds almost as though he may be sitting there with his feet up on the desk ... . I know somebody comes in and empties his waste basket.  It's pretty easy to slip in to taking each other for granted when you've been married forever as we have.  It was great to have a buddy to work with yesterday.  I wouldn't have gotten the wet saw out without him near by.  Really just great.  He accidentally, but very sweetly, nicked his finger with the screw driver and bled a little on the switch plate ... glad I'm not the only one.  It was very encouraging.

I also started a new large canvas ... sky.  Just beginning it, and it was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up.  It is going to be ... my favorite.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i wanna sky painting too. go buy another canvas. put them side by side as if you were painting one whole picture. then when you're done you get half and i get the other half. k? kinda like a friendship necklace buy way less cheesy and way more appropriate for adults ;)

DeAnn said...

You know I will paint for you whatever you want. This is my faux "sky view" at "the beach" ... Sorta ... It's a rendition of a favorite photo and I am seriously amped about it. That dark you see here is gold sprayed on and it is staring to look like a course with leads directly to Heaven! It'll probably take all summer to do it ... I'm getting lots of supervision!