The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The difficult we do at once. The impossible takes a little longer." - motto of the Seabees.

"When you can't trace his hand, trust his heart." - annon.

I collect quotes ... or maybe I might say meaningful words since I like song lyrics and whole passages from books. I don't have time to play today - no time to blog, but I did sit down to look back over some of this blog to see where I've been with a hope that I might see some progress ... and I do ... I feel serene most of the time. I feel stronger.

I saw these two quotes. I really like them.

One of my long time ago students just called for some advice. They are trying to figure out what to do with their 141 to 61 flt training and their parents are bewildered and concerned ... what's 250 x 160.00 ? A ...$40,000. In her case the difference in hypothetical cost is 3 thousand bucks. Unfortunately, three thousand isn't much in aviation dollars. When she finishes her commercial she can crop dust, or banner tow. One of the smartest young men I know is making 14,000.00 right now ... that's after 3 years as a CFI now on to the show. High financial cost ... low financial reward.

That has nothing to do with the quotes. She just called and got me to thinking about that. People who love to fly are a bit of a different bred.

Seems like there's a lot of impossible blowing around.

No comments: