The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, August 4, 2010


This is ridiculous but I am so pleased that my pantry is totally organized. Seriously, when I wake up tonight I'll probably go admire it. I really like things to be just so. That is impossible with the many hands that are in and out of my business ... For right now, it's really good. I don't like openned boxes with their flaps all this way and that. Today I poured cereal and pasta and grits and almost everything boxed into it's own plastic container. No one closes the crackers correctly. That bothers me. But it won't anymore because the crackers are in a cracker keeper. I keep food and pans and pretty much everything in my pantry. It's a walk in closet style. While I was washing the walls and ceiling today, I remembered when I taped the Sheetrock where the walls meet the ceiling. I wanted a crisp line. The house is older than me. The roof system and the flooring deck is a work of art. They just don't build houses like this one anymore. But there were things that needed done. That's been an on going project for me. I like working in my house and yard. Soon I want to install some copper pipe about 6" below the roof line on the back porch. I'll run another line about 3' up from the floor as a rail. It will be pretty, but practical too I want to use it as a way of hanging some laundry out to dry (specifically sheets and bath towels). I'm a little concerned about the pipe being too soft. I've been saving pretty bottles for a bottle tree ( also copper). I'm proud of my work. It's nice to catch up on the kitchen. Lower cabinets next. After the beach.

No comments: