The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, August 30, 2010

Quotes

I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.~Dawna Markova

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”~Kahlil Gibran"

People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."
~St. Augustine "

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so that when you die,
the world cries and you rejoice." ~Cherokee Expression

"The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we shall have discovered fire."
~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
French Paleontologist and Philosopher

No comments: