The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, August 6, 2010




Today began with ripe sweet peaches and hot coffee at the beach. Diet temporarily suspended.

We walked, L, Five, and I. She was very excited to be included ... Up rambling around at 4:30 just to make certain. I gave her a small sack with she filled with shells. Later we sat on the balcony and studied them one at a time. Some are ridged horizonally, some vertically, some laticed, others almost smooth. All sizes and all my favorite colors. I shoulda brought a pail for her.
I've never seen so many minnows as were along the shore this morning! There were hundreds of them. They were being crowded against the waters edge by king fish who were feeding on them. The beaches here drop off quick. When I step
in, I'm immediately knee deep. The waves carried the tiny fish ashore. Some were fortunate enough to make it to a tide pool. Some were stranded briefly waiting to be handed their fate by the next wave. Most of them were caught between and lay there shimmering on the sand. The seabirds made a noisy feast of them.
Later, we drove to the Naval Air Station. The museum was magnificent. I loved seeing all the aircraft. It was super cool to be able to walk right up and put my hands on the displays. I was very impressed by how clean everything was too - not a speck of dust. More on this later. I'm typing in my phone and it wants a charge. I know how that feels. The light house was good too. Really good.

No comments: