The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 5, 2010




Tomorrow we're going to the Naval Air Station. I'm excited about visiting there.

My husband met my FI yesterday for the second time. Today husband said, you sure can tell he's a fighter pilot. "Really?! Whadoya mean?" I asked. He told me. I just totally don't read the fighter pilot vibe. I don't experience the warrior thing at all when I'm around this FI. I've flown with guys who were obvious not just former military but, what's the word? Warriors I guess. Some of these guys wear their service well. I've spent time in the airplane with only that kinda guy. Now that I'm thinking about it, all four of my favorite instructors were military guys this one is vintage AF - Vietnam era. Two were Navy guys, one a seal the other preferred helicopters. Number four was a guard flier - still is a weekend warrior in the C130s. I hadn't noticed that before.
I told my husband that I don't experience this FI as a fighter pilot but I guess I have heard him say We've got 'em in our sites ... . He's not one to goof off. I told my husband that this FI is one of the finest people I've known. I'd say that's true of all four of these flight instructors. I've been pretty fortunate.

Diamond Rio is singing " what a beautiful mess I'm in...". I'm thinking there's no such thing.

No comments: