The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, August 27, 2010

Well what an interesting day.
I make a stop at a reality check point and I find out I have been naive. I shake my head at myself and say,"Well, now you know ... You were naive but now you're not ... At least you're not cynical".
The student I mentioned earlier is a very sweet person ( I think ) . I liked seeing her train with the instructor she was working with. I was actually very proud of them both. He's a kinda crass middle aged guy with no visible roots. The kind of guy who might be mean to his dog on a bad day. When he finished working here, the guys, his former colleagues,, started talking some smack. I told them I didn't wanna hear it. They were talking like the guy was a dirty old man hitting on a sweet kid. You know, pilots are worse then a bunch of old women about discussing each other's private business. It's usually good- natured and amusing ... and open. The kind of familiar stuff you'd say right to each others face - messin' . This struck me as disrespectful and distasteful. Turns out they may have been right. Today I heard from an unimpeachable source that there just might have been something to all that ugly talk. Wow. It's just so hard to believe that someone would use their position of trust to ... Stroke their ego I guess is how I'll say it. Today, as this came out, I wondered how could that be true ... Nothing about that
would build her ... Everything about that would damage the girl in the long run. How could an adult prey on the innocence of a barely out of high school kid - some one's daughter?
I just shook my head. I said,"I want to see the best in a person ... Every person... Every situation. I seem determined to wear these rose colored glasses".
So, I'm at that place again. I'm at the reality checkpoint. Yep, still naive. Seriously, willfully naive. But now I'm not.

No comments: