The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, August 27, 2010

hazardous attitudes?

Saw FI yesterday, he said Chief offer should be made within next two weeks. I noticed that he is a bit more relaxed then he has been of late - from that I intuit that things are moving in the right direction. The time line on that might put my instructor back in the plane towards mid Oct. I may get this thing done in time to wake up on Christmas morning with a big smile on my face. Speaking of a big smile - DC in January which I am already looking forward to. Four will be my museum buddy this year. I can sit at Starbucks and read the paper if she has to sleep late ... it'll be great to share that time with her. We go to nice places for dinner and she will love dressing up!

Also saw very precious student pilot yesterday. She has some learning issues and finds training just a tad more difficult then the average student. I adore her. She was working with a CFI who was an ideal fit. He has moved on though - he probably made some personal sacrifices to work with her up to her solo - he was very proud of her courage and the stretching that it took to get to the solo. Flying isn't easy for everyone. Anyway, the semester ended and he moved on and she basically disappeared. I was so happy to see her back. She hugged me and told me that she was back to work at it again and that she hadn't flown since CFI left. He made her feel safe - not just in the air, but interpersonally I guess could be the way to say it. He helped her believe that the she she wants to become was possible. After chatting with her I walked out to the offices - the guy I walked with said he sure would like to date a wonderful girl like that ... too bad she's a student. I'd like to see them together ... too bad I don't match make. As I came in the door her new CFI wanted to talk to me about her lesson. She hasn't flown in a year and he was surprised that he had to talk her through the stalls ... she doesn't know the private maneuvers ... she's a sorority girl ... why did he get all the difficult students ... (he soloed in less then ten hours...) ... waaaaaaaaaaa. I sure wish we had the right instructor for her. I really hoped to be flight instructing myself by time and if she came back to finish up. She is the kind of student I would love to work with. To be able to work with a person like her is exactly why I am doing this. Other then encouragement and a little behind the scenes tweaking there's not much I can do for her. I have a friend who is offering instruction elsewhere locally - I can't flip students though it would be a better training situation. I'm thinking like a woman ... I'm caring ... danger ... step away from the caring. Hmmmm. If she weren't our student she'd have an opportunity to look the guy over too. Wheels are spinning ... .

So CFI ground at 8:30 - we're gonna do AC 60-22. I need to run make copies.

No comments: