The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 26, 2010

One of my friends (Friends... they cherish one another's hopes. They are kind to one another's dreams ~Thoreau) called last night - she encouraged me to continue journaling here because I find it helpful, and I think she is right. She reminded me that I don't have to publish it just because I write it. Some of what I write helps me sort my thoughts out.

Life is a lot more complicated than I expected it to be, isn't it?

In the book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE the author tells a story about the Cambodia boat people ... given the opportunity to sort through their ordeal they simply want to express basic human experience - not the big stuff - the small points of connection...the places where their story touched an other's story. That's how I thought about what she said.

Pathos The emotion the idea either expresses or implies - directly or subtly
Ethos The spirit (intention) which motivates the ideas
Logos The logical sequence or development of the idea.

My husband occasionally reads my blog - he told me that yesterday and I gathered that he wasn't comfortable with my - some of my process. It's pretty difficult to find a place to think out loud in a life with five children, a husband, friends, commitments ... . Writing seems like an island. A little place ... to sit and think. A place to sort out the "os" of the idea or prevailing thought in my head. I just want a little place to look at my story - as I see it. Maybe that should be an anonymous place ... for me there is no such island. I'm thinking about that a little bit. It's difficult to navigate what is left unpublished on these blogs. I'll figure it out.

This morning I read in Mark 4 - where Jesus calms the storm.
Notes:
1 expect storms
2 remember you are not alone and Jesus has demonstrated His ability with storms
3 face storm with assurance, faith - not fear
4 look for spiritual lessons

On flying endeavor - My notebook is looking pretty spiffy.

Yesterday my bf son told me about an ap for wild animal calls ... he said he placed his phone out on the deck playing a squirrel call and a squirrel came right up to the phone ... what's next!?! He also told me about a mosquito repellant ap! and he has field tested it too! Magic!

No comments: