The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, June 7, 2012

82/1000

Thankful that I suddenly knew exactly how to "fix" my rocker.
Two of the spindles are broken. The repair is so obvious that I am embarrassed that it took me so long to figure it out. Really ... I laugh at myself, but ... If this were anyone else I'd just stay quiet, 'cause they would have to think I was laughing at them rather then with them.
I have already done all the prep work ... Chair can be operational about five minutes after I get home from Lowe's. I need a couple of 1.5" nails ... Super skinny finishing nails ... Pilot hole already drilled. That rocker was purchased when I was pregnant with One. It's been in the garage waiting for a brainstorm for maybe ten years now. I've already sanded it and will refinish it once the slats are

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you use nails, would you like to check 'miller dowels'. They are repair kit that is so easy to use. I found myself looking for more things to fix.

bruce

DeAnn said...

82.5/1000
Thank you Bruce. I will.
And thank you for taking time to post the suggestion.
The idea of looking for more things to fix has made me laugh right out loud ... and I really need that today. Thank you for expanding this "thankful".

DeAnn

DeAnn said...

http://millerdowel.com/shop/minix.html

Excellent! Thank you.