The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Next furniture project

Yesterday, right before the movie Prometheus started, One sent a text picture of something cool.  Stone inlay, turquoise, on chopping boards. (Too pretty to chop on!)  I immediately thought of this chest.  The tiny fissures will lend themselves to that.  I am super excited about it.  I was thinking about a marble top but the inlaid stone will be so much cooler.   This chest is a perfect candidate for that I think.  I may keep the door pulls as they are, or I may change them out with some silver pulls that look like the Brighton bracelets I wear.  This is going to be really fun.  I was able to work the water spots out ... drawer number three needs serious repair ... and the back braces are currently out.  This is that little project chest.  I've been kinda working with it off and on trying to figure out the best restoration option.  Pumped!

Arizona Silhouette ... Crushed Stone is the source for the turquoise inlay material


I'll "fill" these little hairline cracks with turquoise ... it's going to be beautiful!



No comments: