The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, June 30, 2012


 a red bird bathing in the blueberry sprinkler
hot here today 107*F

Yes the drapes did go back up ... thanks to L.  I am really trying to decide what fabric I want to use to reupholster the wing back ... the first piece of furniture L and I bought together.  It's tufted back right now, but I may change that ... idk ... I'm thinking about it.  The pattern on these twin chairs precludes many of the fabric choices I might make.  It almost has to be a solid, and I am thinking that spa grey/green ... pretty easy to find that color right now.


I was looking for cabana stripe, and even considered "making" it, which is how I got the idea to paint those two dining chairs ... which, I really like.

Now, I'm thinking something more like this ... I won't distress the wood (hmmm ... probably won't). I sorta like the detail on the seat cushion.  I'm thinking about it.  This is a pretty uptight chair ... it wants to relax.  It was in our bedroom before little miss took a red Sharpie and detailed the buttons (several years ago ... yes, in the garage, I couldn't part with it, but I couldn't look at it either).  I really couldn't believe it.
Restoration Hardware is showing all their wing backs with the exterior upholstery done in a burlap.  It's pretty cool ... and, I like the look well enough to copy it, but the perfect interior fabric eludes me ... and burlap unravels almost before one makes a cut.  I have my eye on a linen.  I like the ease of it and the weave ... I also think I will wrap the seat cushion in feather down.  That definitely will relax the look of it.
Quick hop over to Restoration Hardware ... showing only one chair with burlap exterior.

They are   marketing a "deconstructed" look pretty hot and heavy ... I am certain that would drive my husband crazy ... I might show it to him later with a serious face on ... poor guy ... I like to joke around quite a bit for as serious as I am ... I like to laugh.  
I would like to see how they finished this where fabric meets air ... 

Anyway ... they do have a chair very similar to mine and it is done in a linen ... see ... no tufting and fluffy seat ... this has an interesting detail on the back ... the exterior is one piece, no seams ... a separate back is more traditional ... this would be easier to do.  Plus this is shown with a single welt detail.  Well ... thinking about it.  This isn't my next piece, it's my next to next. And ... I like the lumbar pillow.

This heat is ... really hot.  Humid heat.

3 comments:

Heather said...

the room looks great! you know i love that lamp. what's framed in that picture above it? i love the dramatic size of the mat in that frame. good job.

DeAnn said...

Thank you, it's coming along! the picture is a blue shell crab ... under the jetties at Orange Beach last year ... I love this darker paint! It makes the green outside look like an event.

DeAnn said...

that crab (picture of picture above) kinda reminds me of someone ... he has a cute little grouchy face!