The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, June 3, 2012

carrot juice and ginger ... delicious

On the topic of connectedness ...

I'm thinking about how the things that have happened in one's life make them different ... um, unique.  The things I said yes to, the things ... challenges I stepped up to, big things and little things ... things I said no to ... things I made stop ... choices, all of the choices and other things ... circumstances, things which were out of my hands.   I can see the connections.  I can see how I have become me.
I am getting better at accepting the flow of things.
Maybe that's it.
I don't know ... I feel my soul shrug.  Nothing really seems to matter.  I stay busy ... I listen to music and do my little jobs ... making things better. I look for things to jettison.  I float.
I am on a big pink tube with my feet dangling in the water ... and my head is back trailing my hair on the opposite side ... I feel the light, but my eyes are closed.  I think about Mr. Turrell's work.  I wish I could have a small enough piece of the vastness of sky to actually see it ... a square or a circle of sky and light and nothing and the place where everything passes through ... oh I hope I get to seefeel that space near Flagstaff that he has been unearthing.

Yeah ... just chill in' on a Sunday evening.  I have my ear phones in, no tunes ... they block sounds out and I hear my unique silence.

No comments: