The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New orchid ... and, I think this painting is finished ... I painted over where it was cause it was just too cluttered.  Clouds are easy to paint and also hard to paint.  When I am in the air there is a feeling of clouds more then a substance of clouds ... which makes perfect sense to me.  I do not know how to lay paint on to the canvas lightly enough to capture the feeling.  Clouds are an expression of energy.

I am absolutely terrible with house plants.  I don't have the knack.  Orchids seem to do great here though. Now I see how it is ... I paint these paintings as a back drop for my flowers which I love because they remind of clouds.

I did join CAP.  I am supposed to be doing all the, idk ... sign up stuff.  It kinda creeps me out that they are addressing mail to me as captain last name.  I strongly prefer to be called by just my first name or for a hand full of people, the derivative.  This military vibe will take some getting used to.  On the plus side ... I am looking forward to helping a few people understand and or experience the science and art of aerodynamics.  This chapter is planning on offering rides to the local science teachers.  I think that is a very good thing ... and ... while I maybe think some teachers are a bit too tightly laced, I have yet to meet a science teacher who I wasn't particularly fond of.  Uh oh ... just remembered Bill Nye the Science Guy.  I'm just now starting to realize how nerdy I truly am.

This orchid has tiny green spots on the petals.

2 comments:

Dean said...

I like your description of the clouds. Awesome painting!

DeAnn said...

Thank you Dean. I'm already thinking about the next canvas. I have an idea that I'm trying to workout. This painting was already pretty neat when it was just a square of blue. Easier then you might think to paint clouds ... Give it a try!

I appreciate the kind words.

DeAnn