The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

John Wesley's notes on Predestination

heron ... absolutely beautiful
idk whose work it is though
from Pinterest
On-Predestination ... John Wesley


This is ... very clearly illuminated.  I particularly liked reading it today in the context of choice in general.  Sometimes I wonder about choices I made or make and how they affect people I love and me. I have said, innocently, but inaccurately I think, "This must be what God wants for me ... I am here so ... what happens to me here must be his will for me (to endure if not embrace).  Well ... the truth of these words of John Wesley resonate.  Food for thought today.

To do today:  Ceiling ... sheet rock ... the paint told the story ... it wasn't pretty.  I think I might have to trade my shorter step for something taller.  I think that will help.  looking at the finished ceiling in the living room helps ... it looks really good ... and the den will too.  So ... back to that today.  And, I'm going to get my blower going and tidy up the garage and porches and walkway and drive way.  Sammy loves that leave blower.  Maybe he will get a bath today.  A bath and a blow dry ... makes me laugh to consider it.  I don't think he would be nearly as amused by that as I am.  I am or just I ... as often as I write you'd think my syntax would be better!

No comments: