The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

tonight


Turns out table sanding (saw dust) residue is just a little bit easier to clean up then sheet rock dust  ... I am very satisfied with the results so far ... that's a good feeling ... to get to the end of a day with a soft smile on one's face, looking forward to coffee time at the old "new" table.

Was also able to spend a couple of hours at the pottery studio today ... I have several pretty nice pieces in the process ... two big bowls ... large pieces are what I prefer to build.  I like working with clay quite a bit.

The table looks great, better then that, it feels great.  I finished it with what is sold as a tung oil finish ... I don't know precisely what it is, some combination of oil and lacquer, a rubbing varnish.  Not sure how this will wear ... I may wind up waxing it or maybe applying a poly shield ... for now we are enjoying the organic feel of it.  I really hope I can find a livable "deal" on those chairs ... that would be nice.

I like the idea of walking in to this room tomorrow morning and seeing this done.  I think I am getting ready to do something very Southern ... I think I am going to have a table runner monogramed ... hmmm ... which font ... H might clue me in ... she's probably gonna say there is only one.


No comments: