The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, June 21, 2012

turquoise inlay in old chest ... rocks!


The turquoise came in ... did I mention they have other stone choices also?  I liked the site ... the proprietor seemed like a really decent sort.  He puts in a plug for the same sort of things that I value ... God, Country ... dogs, lol.   Somewhere in the info I gathered the impression that there would be about two teaspoons of "product" ... I ordered two units hoping to be on the safe side.  Now ... I am almost project complete and you can't even tell I've tapped in to one bag.  I thought he was very generous with the amount of material ... exceeded expectations!  Love that.  Pottery teacher and I are talking about sprinkling this in to the bottom of a pot with some clear glaze.  Worth a try.
So ... here is a decent photo of the project.  The middle drawer has received a very light inlay near the lock ... what is left to do requires the chest to lay on it's back facing up.  the top edge and the bottom edge are both a bit raggedy.  I will do a poly rub on this once the stone inlay is complete.

this is a before view of the top right drawer ... the hole is for the drawer pull.

this is a shot of the top ... the inlay is very subtle, maybe I'll see a couple of other place to fill.  I really like the looks of this ... just tickled with the results.

No comments: