The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, June 11, 2012

perspective




Photos from the NASA site ...
amazing ... wondrous

As I sand today I am thinking about ... galaxies.  And I am wondering if they all spin in the same direction ... I am wondering if they spin this way or that way because of pressure systems ... okay, like are these sort of like low pressure systems where enough "stuff" collects for "stuff" to happen ... or at least become visible as I know it. ... and if these are lows with a ball of energy as a eye then ... what might the highs "be" like.
BTW ... just sanding, no chemical fumes.
Well, first I thought, who would I know who would maybe know.  I am not from the google generation.  But, I am on break from sanding ... and after maybe 15 seconds of toe tapping, I remembered to google.  Here's the answer I'm working with from Cornell ... ask an astronomer.


The direction that the Milky Way spins depends on your perspective. For example, take a top and spin it clockwise on a glass table. Then look at the spinning top from below the glass table - it will appear to spin counter-clockwise now. Or similarly, draw an arrow on a piece of paper in the clockwise direction, then hold the paper up to a light, looking at it from the bottom - now the arrow goes in the counter-clockwise direction. Thus the direction of the spin of any galaxy depends on your perspective when you look at it.




Yes ... exactly.  
Perfect illustration ... both, I can "see" them.  Something about that is ... creepy interesting.  If I look down at my "glass table" I see a low pressure configuration.  If I lay on the floor looking up and through, I see a High pressure configuration.  Hmmm ... it kinda makes my tummy tickle.


Perspective ... all about perspective ... all about where you're situated.  How can the same thing be so different?





No comments: